Question about purchasing a 97 E320

Hello, I have always wanted to own a Mercedes and have found one I was interested in. My neighbor owns a reputable used car dealership and has a 97 E320 with 111k miles on it. The car looks like it just rolled off the show room floor, not a single scratch on body and upholstry looks brand new. My question is does this car have any issues that can run into big bucks that I need to be aware of? I have heard that when Dalmer-Chrysler took Mercedes-Benz over the quality has gone way down. I have always been a Toyota/Honda person so I am not real familiar with Mercedes.

Reply to
specman1

I have operated a '98 320 for 3 years and enjoyed it with no unusual issues. Dealer maintenance is too high, at least in Texas, but the answer is to locate a MB qualified mechanic who moonlights or charges less than dealership. This is a reliable auto and a pleasure to drive.

G' luck

Reply to
jhayes

The only issue I have heard of on earlier W210 is the climate control fan voltage regulator. See if this is fixed in the service record if you have access.

Reply to
Tiger