Water Pump Replacement on 94 E420, what needs to be removed????

What components do I have to remove to replace water pump? I saw posts for E320 six cylinder but not for 94 E420 eights.

Thanks, Derf

Reply to
Derf-E420-94

Derf, Last time i did in my 6 cil 300E-91 i had the WIS near me to follow the removing/re-assembling order and tightening specs. If i remember i paid 19 bucks at the MB website. I remember also to have changed the upper hose, thermostat, poly-v belt, replaced 9L of coolant and make clean the radiator and replaced the expansion tank, maybe just for cosmetic purposes - it was deep brown and very ugly.

Best regards,

Mobi

Reply to
mobi

After further inspection I've noticed:

Viscous fan mount must be removed to get to bottom water pump bolt hidden by flywheel Radiator fan shield needs removal, just upper half, to get fan out. V-belt removed- pretty simple- torx socket on tensioner (crank counterclockwise to loosen)

more to come...

Reply to
Derf-E420-94

Just checked with some wrenches and they all suggested that you be sure to

TAKE OFF THE WATERPUMP ITSELF.

And they you put on the new one. Helpfull little fellows, weren't they!

Reply to
mcbrue

Did the wrenches all agree? Or did they debate? What wrench did they nominate for hidden bolt?

Reply to
Derf-E420-94