Rapid Turn Signal Flashing on Right Side - 1989 300E

The left turn signal flashes/clicks at the normal rate. The right side however, flashes at about 3 or 4 times the speed that it should. What could be causing this?

All of the bulbs are fine, and the proper bulbs are flashing on both sides/front and back. It was fine the last time I used it, but the following has occurred since then:

1) The only the car has been sitting unused for about 5 months. 2) I just finished replacing the front turn signal lenses, (and some mechanical stuff like flex disks, steering components, etc.) 3) Also changed the instrument cluster and I'm hoping that that's not affecting it.

Thanks

Reply to
News Groups

Turn the emergency flashers on and compare the left and right to each other. Look for a bulb on one side that is not on the other side. Also look at the side markers. Make sure the brightness is the same for each bulb. I have won many bets on this problem and the answer is almost always a bulb out or one is dim compared to the other side.

Paul McKechnie Paul's Auto Electric

Reply to
Paul

Paul,

Your diagnosis is 100% accurate.

With the emergency flasher on, the right front was dimmer than the left front. I switched the bulbs, and then the right side was fine. However when the left signal was switched on, both sides flashed. I removed the left side bulb and made sure it was seated corectly and now EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE!!!!

THANKS!!!

BTW... Where is Paul's Auto Electric?

Bob Murrysville, PA

Reply to
News Groups

Bob We are in North Carolina just outside Charlotte. Paul

Reply to
Paul