Tacoma Right Turn Signal on Crack

My right turn signal started blinking VERY fast on the dash display and rear light but the front light isn't blinking at all. Left is all normal.

Is this just fancy a way of letting me know the right front turn signal light bulb is burned out or is it something else?

It's a 2003 Extra Cab TRD Tacoma 4WD. It would likely be a warranty item but might be quicker to fix it myself if it's something simple.

Thanks in advance, Stan

Reply to
Stan Ridgeway

Something is awry with this circuit. Try replacing the right bulb with the left known good one to see if it's just the bulb.

-paul

Reply to
Paul Cassel

Typical symptoms of a burned out bulb. Replace the one that's not working and you will most likely have solved the problem.

The unit that flashes the lights when the turn signal is being used depends on the amount of current flowing through it to cause the flashing. When one bulb burns out the current changes and the flash rate. Use the correct bulb to replace the burned out one or the flash rate will be incorrect.

Stan Ridgeway wrote:

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

I just wanted to follow up, it was the front bulb. I replaced it and everything is ok now.

The fast flashing is a pretty cool feature, it alerted me of the defect immediately, potentially saving me from a ticket, etc...

Stan

Reply to
Stan Ridgeway

Standard on every car/truck I know.

-paul

Reply to
Paul Cassel

Thanks for the follow up. Now I know what to look out for. Cheers.

Dwight.

Reply to
sponger

YES