Re: Milky-looking tranny fluid?

You have two options with the radiator. 1) plug the holes where the transmission lines go into the radiator and add an external transmission cooler (appx $80 installed), or a new radiator. With the transmission you don't have the option of flushing the strawberry milk out because 1) you don't flush a MB transmission 2) the damage to the bands is already done and they will need to be replaced.

I have an 1985 Mec. 300SD. Tranny works perfect. I noticed that the > tranny fluid now has a milky-pink look.... Like Pepto-Bismol. What I > am thinking is that I may have over-filled the tranny. I think this > causes air bubbles that make it look like this? Seems like I heard > this somewhere. I have had quite a few cars, and all have been easy to > read the tranny fluid level...until this one. No matter how long I > let the stick sit after starting the engine, it comes out "smeared" up > one side of the dipstick--- like it has picked up fluid from the sides > of the dipstick tube--- and I can't seem to really tell what the > actual level is. When it always comes out "smeared" way up on one > side of the dip-stick, you don't know whether the true level is the > the low-indicating side, or it is the higher-indicating side! So it > could be over-serviced from the last time I added fluid. Will > over-servicing rapidly kill this tranny? Guess the smart thing to do > is to take it in for a fluid and filter change. >
Reply to
450SL_Dude