Rebuilding Spark Plug connector

Well, considering no reply re this querry, I thought I would post my observations re doing just that .... someone else may just be as cheap as me.

Removing the metal shield (bend the crimps away) is no problem and the rubber covers slips off without any problem after the ignition wire is unscrewed. Yes, the wire has a screw fitting at the end and screws into the opening inside the bakelite connector. I drilled out the brass inside the bakelite and tapped using 6/32 (works well and saved having to hunt up metric sizes). soldered a 6/32 lock nut unto a 1k ohm 1W carbon composition resistor and screwed this into place (ignition wire is soldered onto the other end of course). From the spark plug side then short the front/rear brass fitting inside the bakelite shell with another 6/32 screw. Voila.... works like a charm

cheers, guenter

ps of course could have just shorted the brass fitting and used a 1k spark plug.... but I know that I'll forget at some point and you DON'T want to use without a resistance .... it could (I believe) seriously damage the PS.

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Nice! let us know if this stops working?

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph