Anyone know anything about the Mopar REE Navigation stereo???

Diesel prices have made me stop using the truck for daily commutes and city driving. So I got a PT Cruiser for such.

I'd like to put a Nav. unit in but have factory Sirius, UConnect, EVIC display etc. Talked to one dealer who said the Mopar REE is specified for the 2008 PT Cruiser.

The Mopar part # is 05091522AD. I can't find any solid info on this unit. I did find a few websites for the REE but was in Europe. The unit is standard 1.5 Din size which is whats needed for the PT as there is not enough room to modify the bezel to fit the 2 din REC etc.

Anyone have any further info on the REE unit or any other factory Nav. that fits the Chrysler/Dodge 1.5 Din?

Anyone know if there are different versions of the REF and RAQ stereos for the older 2004+ Canbus and the newer bus as used by the MyGig unit? I have the REF now but not sure if that implies the older CanBus or not.

Reply to
Miles

Miles, unless you can buy this for real short money I think you'd be better of with a Garmin. For around $500.00 you can buy a Garmin Nuvi 760 that is updateable, has bluetooth and is portable. Take a look!

I know the price shown is over $600.00 but they can be had for less online. I bought this unit for $510.00 a couple of months ago.

Reply to
Roy

I've thought about portable units. Not sure if I'd like them or not. I'm used to the in dash Nav in my truck. Never liked the stick on the window or dash kind but always open to looking at new units and mounts.

The other issue is I love the factory bluetooth uconnect. Mainly because of its excellent voice recognition. I never have to hit any buttons on the unit except 1. Everything else is voice activated. I have not see any other bluetooth nav out that does this.

I do like the prices of the portable units though!!

Reply to
Miles

I don't use a stick on type mount. It is a sorta bean bag type of thing it stays where you put it. I've slid a car around and it stay's put. I put the thing right in front of me on the dash, works fine. When Sue is with me, it is all over the place, gives her something to do on trips.

Yup the Charger was fantastic regarding voice recognition. The Toyota absolutley sucks to the point of being useless.

The Garmin is as good as the Charger was.

The Garmin Nuvi you can take off the mount and walk around with it in your pocket, it is about as thick as a DVD case.

You might want to grab one at CC or BB that has a no restock fee and try one for a bit.

Reply to
Roy

As much as it kills me to say it, I gotta agree with ole Roy on the Garmin. I got the wife a 260w for our anniversary and it works great. I spent the last two days trying to confuse it and figuring out how to make it work and so far it's great. It was even taking me down gravel roads in Mich. (my choice). Hell, it even had Cabelo's parking lot in it.

I stuck mine in the upper left corner of the windshield and tucked the cord behind the A piller. Seems to work ok but I think I'll try Roys beanbag on the dash trick next trip.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

So, have you marked the location of all the WC's?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I'm working on it. It'll take a little time......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Christ!! Why don't ya get her something she'd really enjoy? I've got it, MOVE the FUCK OUT!!!!

Why the wire? The battery should last around 5 hours.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Hey it just hit me, what newsreader ya go with??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Can you call in similar fashion to the factory Mopar UConnect? Meaning, it has its own phonebook and can dial by voice command? Most of the aftermarket units I have looked at rely on the phones ability to handle voice commands. I want a bluetooth device that has its own phone book and dialing recognition.

Reply to
Miles

Now that really doesn't sound too bad. No more bitching about buying another gun.... Not having to hear about having "too much" ammo.... And the old standby..."Don't tell me you're going shooting again" song.

She opened the box shortly before we left for Mi. so the battery was dead. I just stuck it somewhere out of the way while we were driving. .

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The link you sent me. Works good and very easy to set up. I didn't even have to call a female over to do it for me...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

OTOH, after attorney fees and all that good shit, you couldn't afford guns or ammo..