resetting service reminder

How can i reset the service reminder that comes on every startup on 99 E240?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Joachim Østberg

I have a 2000 C180 and the owners handbook says - To reset the service indicator:

Turn the electronic key to position 2 in the starter switch and immediately press the 0 button twice within one second. Turn the electronic key to position 0 in the starter switch. Press and hold the 0 button. Turn the electronic key to position 2 in the starter switch, keep the 0 button pressed. The service indicator with the current remaining distance or period appears. After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service indicator with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about

10 seconds. Release the 0 button.

You can try the above as I would think that the process is the same for all Mercedes cars.

Reply to
kipper