W123 vs Ford Expedition - Door will not open...

I was hit from behind by a Ford Expedition that went through a yellow light, she hit me pretty good, but it was just a fender bender. I got out and my rear bumper was all smushed in, (passengers side only) and it didn't even break my rear lights. anyways we swapped info, and I went to school, by the time I got to school, I looked at my bumper and it was back to normal (sweet!!! Any new car would have required a new bumper)

Anyways, the only problem I can see is my REAR Passenger door will not open now. It's unlocked, I can hardly lock it, now I just don't know how to open it, or what happened. I doubt the frame is bent, etc. Any suggestions? I need to inform her how much she owes me to the fender-bender.

1982 W123 300D-T Darrell
Darrell

Most people would take it to a shop for an estimate. Is sounds like the impact did more than just mush your bumper.

KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Okay, I got my door open, but now it will not lock. It feels all gum-ed up inside. Anything know what I should replace?

Reply to
Darrell

Don't take any risk. Take it to a panel beater shop, you will know how serious it is. Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

"Darrell" news:bmu2v2$j23$ snipped-for-privacy@terabinaries.xmission.com

I would definitely take it to a body shop to get an estimate. Sounds like you might have more than just a bumper problem. I just had a little fender bender - no structural damage, and all the estimates I'm getting are over $1000! Ouch! Don't take the risk, especially if the other person's insurance is paying for it.

Reply to
C L