W126 SRS repairs

Per a previous post, I located a new passenger airbag, driver's side belt/ETR and crash sensor and replaced them all.

Any advice on why the SRS light is still on?

Is there a means to check the SRS code? This is a 1991 300SE and the diagnostic port does not seem to have a test button or an LED.

Scott D

Reply to
Scott D

forgot background - car was in minor front end collision which deployed passenger airbag and driver's seatbelt retractor (passenger apparently did not have seatbelt on but driver did).

Scott D

Reply to
Scott D

Reply to
W126

Thanks I will test that.

and, I guess I need a pulse counter of some type to read pin 6 on the diag port and get the codes.

Scott D

Reply to
Scott D