When will the new V8 replace the current

Does anybody have an idea about when the new 5.5 l engine will turn up in other models? Will it replace the current 5 l engine in the e-class this autumn?

Per

Per Löwdin

I take it your local MB marketing dept and/or local dealer cannot or will not comment?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

I believe they do not know. Have a S211 with the old engine and would like to have one with the new.

Per http://lowdin.

Reply to
Per Löwdin

My guess would be that they do know but would rather not say since they need to sell the cars on the lot. Only guessing I should emphasize.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I am not convinced it is that simple. They just introduced the R-class with the old engine, in fact it is still in all V8 cars except the S-class. My local dealer said it was going to come in the SL too. Perhaps there is a shortage of the new engine they might have to retool etc.

Per

Reply to
Per Löwdin

You may have a point. Perhaps they only want the marqee vehicles to have the new engine for the time being or it is retooling. Fortunately that is not the case with the new V6 CDI.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

The SL-Roadster now is offered with 5,5-litre V8 in Germany. I never understand why the Germans call it S500 and SL500 when the American edition is S550 and SL550. Anyone care to explain the oddity?

By the way, the ML63 is released next m> Does anybody have an idea about when the new 5.5 l engine will turn up in

Reply to
OM