Window regulator gears not lined up

Weird problem. The two gears that mesh to raise my windows (front right and left) seem to be not lined up and slip when trying to put the windows up. It?s hard to see why they are off-kilter. Do one or the other warp or bend with age? I have a 1980 300sd. Any help?suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
greenie

You need new regulators. Yes, they bend. A weak point. Not weird, standard problem.

Reply to
Karl

Is there a way to remove and bend them back or otherwise repair them? They still work half-ass and the replacements are somewhat pricey.

Thanks in Advance...........

Reply to
greenie

Not really. The body is aluminum and it cracks when you try to bend it back.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Karl