winter tire C-320 sport

I just bought a 2003 C 320 sport coupé. Rims are for 17'' tires. Living in Canada, I need snow tires. I believe I have to get 16'' rims and tires. What do U think? Any suggestions (tires size, tire manufacturer? Tks!

Reply to
bergam

There are 17" winter tires. Go to

and put in your year/model, view all, and check winter tires. You can read the reviews there too.

They have replicas of some MB rim styles too, so you may be able to get a package.

Scott D

Reply to
Scott D

I have a C230K with 17" rims. For the winter I put on 205-55-16's with no problems. I chose Michelin Artic Alpin Sports for a tire. Purchase alloy rims to mount them on. These are one of the few spped rated snow tires available around here. Total price was around $1800. They were bought at

which is located in Toronto. Good tire for ice but not really suited for deep snow (over 4").

Larry B

Reply to
Larry B.

I've been struggling with the same question for my C320 Coupe as well.

The 2 options seem to be :

1) buy some 245/45/17" winter tires (I'm leaning towards either the Blizzak WS-50 or LM-22's) and change tires each fall/spring using one set of wheels 2) Buy some 16" wheels and use a 205/55/16 (IIRC) and swap wheels twice yearly.

Course there is always the option of using the stock MB 17" wheels for winter and buying some nice 18 or 19 inch wheels for summer...

At this point I'm leaning towards buying a second set of 16" wheels and tires, but it's only Monday, and I'm sure I'll change my mind 3 or 4 times this week... (this is what I do for my mustang)

Cheers Keith

Reply to
KB