73bgt

I had a 73 bgt front end rebuilt last year and recently I noticed squeaking noises when turning or going over bumps. Could this be shocks that need replacing? ed

Reply to
N.B.

It is most likely the A-arm bushings. The originals were rubber and deteriorated pretty quickly. Most modrn replacement jobs are done with polyurethane which give you a better road feel and last longer but which often squeak. They may squeak when new until they wear in a bit; they may squeak when they are older and are allowing a little play; or they may do both. The other option, available in the US through the Moss catalogue, is "Nylatron," a nylon/molybdenum disulphide compound. Nylatron bushings do not squeak and are said to give a ride similar to polyurethane.

Tommy T.

Reply to
Tommy T.