MGB

I finally have my "new" 1975 MGB.

Brought it up from Houston two weeks ago, and have been able to drive it exactly three times (I've been out of town), and it's a hoot.

I had purchased this car in 1986 in New Jersey with the express intention of putting a Buick 215 V-8 in it, as it had a blown head, and the owner couldn't afford to fix it. After getting well under way, I moved twice, first to Houston, and next to Nashville, TN. It was on the second move I sold the project to a friend.

Last October, I asked about him selling it, and he was happy to. He collects Pontiacs and this was out of his area.

It now has a Rover 3.9 liter with custom headers and exhaust (no holes in the fender wells), a Muncie "rock crusher" 4 speed, and a narrowed Pontiac rear end. Horsepower is estimated at 290 (it's not been dynoed). A roll bar has been installed, of course.

Too bad I missed the 2006 British V-8 meet just down the road!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Doesn't sound like it is an MGB anymore.

Reply to
Richard