MGF Dead Battery

I've had my car in the garage for the past two weeks and I went in to give it a quick run to make sure it was OK and fit my new rear windscreen (P.S. Thanks all for the advice, Mike Satur had a sale, so I got a brand new original screen for £150 delivered and he threw in some black rivets). However the battery has gone dead. I suspect I may need a new one, or I maybe left something on in the car. I can get into the bonnet fine, so was planning to buy a mains powered charger. Firstly any recommendations on this; is it normal for the battery to go dead after two weeks whilst on super alarm mode?

It's a 2000 model car. And it was quite cold when I tried to start it.

Reply to
Mat Overton

I've had my car in the garage for the past two weeks and I went in to give it a quick run to make sure it was OK and fit my new rear windscreen (P.S. Thanks all for the advice, Mike Satur had a sale, so I got a brand new original screen for £150 delivered and he threw in some black rivets). However the battery has gone dead. I suspect I may need a new one, or I maybe left something on in the car. I can get into the bonnet fine, so was planning to buy a mains powered charger. It's a 2000 model car. And it was quite cold when I tried to start it. Now the quiestions....

  1. It normal for the battery to go dead after two weeks whilst on super alarm mode?

  1. I suspect the alarm will go off when I charge it. Will I have any problems deactivating it with the keyfob?

  2. If so I have the 4 figure code to use with the key in the lock, but will I then need to take my car to the local garage to get the fobs reset?