Midget Clutch Question

I have a 1975 Mdiget, while out for a drive the other day, there was a rattle and then a piece fell off the car, I stopped found the offending part and got home. The offending part is abut a 6.5cm pin. Inspection told me it is the clutch release arm pin. I have temporarily replaced it with a stainless steel bolt of the same diameter held on with a nylon lock nut.

I have to get a new bush to hold the pin in. Is there a problem with using this as a permanent solution. Using a bolty seems to be a much more sensible solution than a pin which can fallout.

Reply to
Tony Hofmann

As far as I know the pin is made of a much stronger sort of steel than your regular stainless steel bolt, so I would see it as a temporary solution and look out for the original pin as a definite replacement. Since there is a lot of pressure on the bolt when using the clutch, the bolt will wear much faster than the pin.. eddie

Tony Hofmann schreef in berichtnieuws wpVDc.167$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...

Reply to
e.linssen