Wheel Balancing

Hi, Can anyone help me please? I've eventually got the MGA on the road after it's rebuild (4 1/2 years) I cannot find anyone locally in the Birmingham area that balances wheels dynamically (on the car). I'm getting vibration and wheel wobble that makes it very uncomfortable at 50mph. The cars only done 387 miles since completion so I won't open it up just yet but I want it ready for it. I would be most grateful for any suggestions. I work in the Coventry area so there would be helpful as well. Many thanks, Ray.

Reply to
Ray Allden

You didn't say, so I can only assume you're talking about wire wheels, which are a little more difficult to balance, and keep balanced. That said, it sounds more like worn front end/steering components than balancing.

My 69 B-GT has wires. At about 70 MPH, it shimmies a little, similar to what you described. Tire wear, etc. is normal. The simple solution is to not do 70. In your case (and mine), perhaps a complete front end inspection is in order. If you do find a problem up front, I'd like to hear what it was. Good luck.

Unc

Reply to
uncle k