Cooper tyres?

I need to replace the front tyres on my son's MINI Cooper. The current ones are Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 195/55R16 run-flats.

They have been fine, done about 18,000 miles, but they seem to produce a creaking noise, or that's what the garage say is the cause. They are getting close to 2mm on the outer edge, so I want to replace them.

Can anyone confirm that these tyres can cause this noise, and will fitting a different make fix it?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Never heard of creaking tyres, try searching

it should turn up some answers.

Reply to
Brownz (mobile)

Yes, tyres can creak due to age and also heat, what basically happens is the nylon cords and canvas linings inside the tyre lose there adhesion to the rubber, when the car is driven at low speed, the noise is more noticeable, especially if you live in a hot country, and drive with the windows open, allowing noise rebound, some tyres develop this problem especially when the car has been in to a low bake oven for paintwork, the heat lamps in the oven dry out and damage the sidewall of the tyre, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Change the tyres ASAP, as prolonged motorway use could cause overheating and blow-out, seek local professional advice Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy