Manual

I recently bought a new mini with a manual transmission. I hadn't had a manual since a pontiac fiero in the late 80's. I find the shifting a little rough especially between 1st and 2nd. Any comments please. Is this normal??

Reply to
mark rees

Depends on what you consider rough. Is this a brand new MINI? If so you need a couple of thousand miles for the transmission to loosen up.

My shifts nicely with the excepetion of reverse. Getting it into reverse at times is an absolute nightmare but that is down to the design of the box I believe.

Reply to
Paul

"S" model or base? I can't speak to the base model, but the Getrag gearbox on my S was extremely tight when new (my girlfriend needed both hands to get it into reverse). It's loosened up considerably since then, and is really nice.

bw

Reply to
bdubya