Mini One D

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone on the NG has bought a diesel mini?

If so, how have you got on with it?

Rob T

Reply to
KR

I drove one yesterday - it was er.... ummmm well it was....... FANTASTIC when on the road - great road holding - nice torque when on the move - Notchey But direct 6 speed gearbox was superb...

However - pulling away at very low RPM is extremely difficult if you cruise to a junction in 2nd gear - down to slow walking pace, MINI will stall when the go pedal is pressed... but otherwise the Toyota plant works very well with the MINI.

BHP output is fair compared to 'Yaris' but the torque and drivability with the 6 speed is great when you remember that 'revs don't = power' and go for mid range gear shift's

ask me more and I'll retry it.. arielmad

Reply to
arielmad