Mini S Convertible Questions.

How loud is the outside noise with the top UP on the highway and/or stop & go, compared to a hardtop?

With the top DOWN, is the stock speaker system adequate?

Where is the AUX radio jack located? I have an Ipod, and Sirius radio (on a short leash).

Thanks,

Buteo Lagopus '98 VW GTI/VR6

Reply to
Buteo Lagopus

This web site has impressions of the MCSC compared to the MCS, including comments about above:

Don't know if anything changed in 2005, but the 2004 Aux adapter kit put the jack in the corner of the glove box. Since it is installed as a kit, you can locate it whereever you want - I put mine just below the toggle panel at the bottom of the dash center "stack".

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Hello,

I've put some reviews here:

you can see other people's opinions here:
for interior stuff:
Hope there's something useful for you there!

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

Mark and Paul,

Thanks for the URLs!!!

I guess a testdrive is in order.

Wish some of the 05 features, LSD and armrest were available.

One feature that should be on the drawing board is a "front parking sensor" that beeps the horn as the car pulling into the parking space in front is getting too close to the MINI!!! A things-beyond-your-control feature. ;)

Andy

Reply to
Buteo Lagopus

I had someone crash into my in my classic Mini that way, despite the fact I was beeping the horn and in a real panic (no where to reverse to for me!).

:0(

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com