Re: Windscreen wipers

Mine split after about 20,000 miles.

Paul

Does anyone know the life expectancy of the windscreen wipers on the new > MINI? One of mine has split. > > TIA > > Manic > > -- > Manic by name, manic by nature! > >
Reply to
Paul Hughes

I've done 5,200 miles in less than 18 months, was wondering if I should buy new ones or if it is reasonable to expect them to be replaced.

Manic

Reply to
Manic Poster

Check your warranty, I'm looking at leasing a MC CVT and have been told that EVERYTHING (including oil changes) is included for the first 36,000.

Reply to
Michael R. Sullivan

More than likely covered ! I went in to get those bits of black foam replaced that sit in the honeycomb vents under the windscreen, I asked how much they were, and was told if they could take the car into the workshop for 5 mins that it was covered by warranty !

Ch Ch Ch Cheers ..... Brownz

Dave Brown

Phoned my dealership and was given the run around so as I was going somewhere near there today popped in.

The woman in service on the phone this am said I should ask in sales, so happens that the guy I dealt with when I bought my car was actually available when I got there (he is usually with customers). Anyway he said life expectancy was 1-2 years and he didn't think they were covered as its wear and tear. So off I went to parts to find out how much they are, if they were just a few quid I was not going to worry about it.

Asked about life expectancy and they guy said not very long in this heat! (If you are not in the UK we are having a heat wave at the moment, highest temp recorded in years 48 degs over the weekend.) He went and got a pair of front arms and said they are £17.00. I asked if I could just buy the rubbers and there was nothing wrong with the arms. He said they are £6.00 and he would have to order them. Then he said shouldn't they be covered by the warranty - I said I had been given the run around and no one seems to know for sure. Anyway he checked with one person who said probably not but to check with the warranty guy, he went off to check with him but he wasn't in. When he got back he gave me the arms and said just take them, don't worry I'll sort it out!

I'm well pleased! Now I just have to figure how to fit them.

I had the vents replaced the other month.

BTW last week out of interest I asked for a trade in price (just in case I want to go for an S later, I currently have a Cooper). The price was no where near the prices mentioned her in the past. I've only done 5,200 miles, on a 51 plate (Christmas 2001). He offered me around £3,500 less than I paid and I would have to spend at least £6,000 + for an S. Plus the insurance group is a lot higher.

Ta very much everyone.

Manic

Reply to
Manic Poster