Wipers come on on their own.

Anyone seen a situation where the windscreen wipers on a Mini come on on their own, and just wipe slowly? My BMW dealer has had the car 4 times and can't fix it.

thanks

Reply to
jonph

You sure you don't have the visibility pack and have the wiper lever to position 1? This would turn them on auto if it's raining.

If they come on by themselves when it's not raining or you don't have the Visibility pack then your MINI dealer really should be doing all the hard work

Reply to
Paul

No Vis pack, and they just come on verrrry slooooowly on their on in bright sunshine. MINI dealer has had the car in about 4 times, replaced the motor, control unit, entire fuse box unit and still from time to time the wipers come on. It is driving me mad!

Reply to
jonph

"jonph" wrote in news:c7fatr$gkg$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

Have they replaced the switch (stalk on the steering column)?

Reply to
Rilian

I had a problem with the lights refusing to go off. It was cured by the replacement of the ECU. Drastic, but it worked.

Reply to
Ramases

Yeah you could have them reload the ECU software

Reply to
Paul