Dashpot

What would the result be of putting 20w50 oil in the dashpot? What is the correct oil? Thanks Ian

Reply to
Doogs

The manual always said to use engine oil in the dashpot, so 20w50 would be correct.

Reply to
Clive W
20w50 shouldn't do it any harm at all but I always use a "light" oil such as 3 in 1 without any bad effects...

Matt

Reply to
MiNiFrEeK :)

I use SAE 30w, works ok, have also used 3 in 1, I read they used 30 grade in the in works rally minis in the 60s,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

The thicker oil is better as the response of the piston is slower and more controlled under hard acceleration.

Reply to
Rob