Door bottoms

Anyone here know anywhere that does repair panels for the bottom of the doors ? By this I mean the actual base of the door that sits above the door step when the door is closed, the part that the door skin wraps around. Both mine are overdue for re-skining but thats going to be a total waste of time as the door bottoms have rotted out and the lip that the door skin crimps around no longer exists.

Mini Sport advertise this ...

but as it has no picture I don't know if that's the part I want or not.

As it's coming up to summer (!!!) it's time to get the O/A gear out the shed and do some serious work :-)

Thanks for any info, it's mucho appreciated as ever Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

Top posting to annoy ....

I think I've found it

to be one of the parts I need Conversing with myself ... first sign of ...

Jim

Jim wrote:

Jim

>> but as it has no picture I don't know if that's the part I want or not.>>

Reply to
Fitzy

Have we had this mentioned before? If so sorry to ask again but why do some folk keep saying that you shouldn't top post? Do they know something I don't? If so do I need to know?

In my mind if you are following the thread you only want to see the latest bit so it makes sense if it is at the top, otherwise you have to scroll through all the previous stuff with the addition of >> all over the place.

>>> but as it has no picture I don't know if that's the part I want or not.>>>

Reply to
TurboJo

i agree JO. I preffer top posts, saves scrolling and re-reading.

Reply to
Tim

The top posting thing comes from way back in the day, when hard drives were (more) expensive and drive space was at a premium. It's all down to NNTP server retention, because posts couldn't be held on the server for too long and people (mainly) had to dial up (at normal phone call rates) various posts would go missing from the server and so, it was possible to see answers but no question, or on text based terminals, you could read the answer but have to go down so many lines to finally read the answer, by this time you would have forgotten what the answer was ! Thus it was (is) netiquette to bottom post. However !!, whilst in some groups you will be (virtually) shot dead for top posting (ie in the comp. hierarchy) in most groups you can get away with it. Thus is anyone came into this group complaining about top posting and it being against netiquette, we could shoot them down complaing about their lack of netiquette for not lurking on the group to get the feel for it in the first place. Also I could get shot down for posting off topic but then again I could comaplain that my original post was on topic and we just went off on a tangent ... etc etc

SO there we are, one explanation that goes on and on :-)

Cheers Jim

By the way I think I'll go for the Mini Spares door bottom repair panels, especially if I can find one for the off side door aswell !

TurboJo wrote:

Reply to
Jim

I have been told off a few times for top posting, Personally I prefer it,,,, no scrolling down to the bottom,, its direct, instant, and easy, especially if you have been following the thread in the first place, its the dissecting and cut and paste merchants that do my head in, "top posting rules" Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I recieved this from some helpfull person, directing me to the correct method

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Aw shucks....

That's the nicest thing you've said about me in ages......

Reply to
Brownz (mobile)