earth straps

Someone mentioned oiling the earth strap to increase conductivity

Does this make sense to anyone?

Reply to
Peter S

No, they probably mean clean up the mating surfaces with abrasive paper to make a good metallic contact, bolt up & put something like grease or anti corrosion spray on the ends of the straps to stop corrosion & the ingress of moisture,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

might stop it going rusty which would effect it.....

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

I always make a point of fitting a secondary earth strap regardless of the condition of the original,, this practice was first advised to me as an apprentice working for a BMC/jag/Rolls dealer a long time ago, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Another is to place a new shakeproof washer between the strap and the body. (not under the nut)

Reply to
Rob