Oh Dear What A Pity, Never Mind! LOL

Cracking.

You'd have never walked away from that if you were in a rover / bl /bmc mini though.

Reply to
someone.not

A race prepped one, with a roll cage and full harness, and wearing a skid-lid?

I bet you would, though I wouldn't like to try it...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Its a Bini adventure!

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

you wouldn't get such a traumatic crash in the old mini, due to less peripheral mass !

david crossan

britain's premier sustainable designer

Reply to
U.S.piggybank

also a classic mini has a much lower centre of gravity, ive seen them spin horizontally when hitting a tyre wall rather than flip several times.....

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

And dopey demonstrated his lack of knowledge yet again:-

You are so cluless its unbeleivable. I didn't mention any two penny short banger hotrod circuits. I was talking about *the* bend on *the* track where *that* video was shot. The binis raced in the german cup are nothing like the wheezing restricted jcc cars you get in the UK. You comments about classic safety above are romantic, but untrue, unfounded and unresearched. One of the chaps I used to drink with in Drayton(Abingdon) was on the BMC rally team during its glory days with MG's and Mini's, a lot of his photo's and stories would disprove your blinkered ideas. A crash is a crash, no matter what you have it in.

I like being regarded as clueless, only someone that truely didnt know what they were talking about would consider Palace and Hatch as a two bit banger circuit, you were talking about on corner on one track like it was your own exclusive universe, and i repeat my earlier unanswered question, where is the binis international success when as you say they compete in their own cup, cant they race against other cars or is that something that BMW has engineered to give the impression of model superiority? I never made comments about classis safety, i refered to the fact that a car smashed in the 60;s was better built and therefore would finish a race more than a plastic coated copy, my blinkered ideas are based on fact, my family worked at MG in Abingdon, so your second hand stories at a seedy bar in drayton are of no use to anyone, a crash is a crash, but far more funnier when it happens in a Bini

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

And as for the wheezing restricted jcc cars, it looks like John Cooper Garages is closing down? Even Mike Coopers lost interest as I here his personal numberplate HIS FUN now adorns an Aston Martin instead of a BINI.

With no outright Monte Carlo Rally Wins (or any!) to note, it looks like the BINI will be forgotten about in years to come.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy