Flywheel advice,

I am having problems removing the flywheel from a 1275 verto, the engine is out of the car and is being stripped at the moment, problem is ,The flywheel puller wont budge it, any suggestions, cheers Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Put the key way back in and smash it with a sledge hammer, what i had to do the other week! sod the key way btw....it will bend

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini'

I had to remove the flywheel to replace the clutches on two occasions and had the same problem. I put the puller on and tightened the bolts then heated the centre boss with a blowlamp. I then hit the centre boss with a hammer and it jolted off.

flash harry

Reply to
flash harry

Tried the old boiling water trick ? Other than that CAREFUL heating of the centre of the flywheel with a blowlamp, you don't want to distort the flywheel otherwise you get mucho clutch judder.

HTH Jim

Reply to
Jim