re rev counter/wipers query

Hi

Yeh thanks, it confirms what i thought. I used to have a mk1 escort (many years ago) and once had a similar problem, they have the wipers on the same fuse as the fuel / temp gauge.

thanks

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

Like I said earlier, I had a similar problem on my Mini Cooper a while back whereby the fuse would always blow (in the 4 fuse box holder on the bulkhead) when the ignition was switched on and I'd end up with no wipers and no rev. counter and my wipers died in the rain too. Anyway after much messing around and head scratching it turned out to be a faulty/worn out wiper motor park switch that was causing the problems. So does your wipers still self-park? Even so check behind your wiper motor because it does tend to get wet and mucky and somewhere along the wiring loom the rev. counter is related to the wiper motor. Once I fitted a new park switch everything was fine again.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy