clutch

My mini has a problem with its clutch, the pedal wont move, just stuck in its starting position, however the car does go into gear easily, so i believe the clutch is engaged however cant diss-engage because the pedal dosnt move, ive been advised that it cud be a simple fix, cud be a washer that has perished, any ideas? cheers rich

Reply to
richmollie

Seized piston in clutch cylinder more than likely,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Hi, Look at the end of the clutch cover. Make sure the big nut has not come loose and moved itself up to the face of the casing, preventing the plunger from moving inwards. This happened to me on the M25, and it was somewhat embarrassing to say the least.

keith

Reply to
**

Has the car been standing for a while ?? Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

aye, its been standing for approx 4 month now fitzy! Do you think you know wot it is?

Reply to
richmollie

As other posters have suggested the most likely possibilities, and you should check these, I had a similar thing with my cityE, turned out that the bearing slide had seized in the clutch cover, this is the piece with the two big nuts at the end, I sprayed WD40 and gently tapped the nuts with a copper mallet, while some one pressed the clutch pedal ,, eventually it came free, HTH Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

aye, its been standing for approx 4 month now fitzy! Do you think you know wot it is?

Reply to
richmollie

If that all fails then try the animal version as described below ;-)

miniman

Reply to
miniman