2000 eclipse

Lately Ive noticed the bell or dinger stops as soon as I turn the key to start my car. 1 time today it did was it used to do and that is ding for a few seconds after the car has started. Any ideas as to what may be wrong with the car?

Reply to
jmm1507

"jmm1507" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

If you're talking about the "beep...beep...beep..." sound, it is related to the driver's seat belt. If you don't wear your belt at all or otherwise buckle up after turning the key, you will hear the beeps. If you buckle up before turning the key, you won't hear anything at all.

Another possibility is you or somebody else might have unplugged the wire underneath your seat that sends the signal from your seat belt latch to the indicator/bell.

Reply to
Scott Zane