2003 Galant power steering pump

Anyone with a newer Galant notice excessive noise from the pump? Only a year old and I cant believe its on its way out.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

It sounds like your fluid has been contaminated. Before assuming the pump, bleed the system. I can't remember if PS fluid is hygroscopic like brake fluid...also check the belts.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Weird, My messages dont show up through my ISP...

Anyway, its not a belt slipping squeal, its more of a low pitched groan at idle. I will bleed out the old fluid and replace it. Thanks fpor the info.

BTW, it used to be ATF was the same as PS fluid, it no longer apears that way. It is not hydroscopic though, it is mineral based.

Glenn

Reply to
AsparagusHater