2003 Lancer OZ Rally - Super stiff temperature knob

I recently bought the subject vehicle and one of the issues was the temperature knob which is so stiff, it cannot be turned easily past the 11 o'clock position. Right now it is summer and not an issue, since it is okay in the cooler / colder area of the range, but we wil eventually want heat.

I had the selling dealer (Hyundai) try their best to correct it -- they replaced the cables that are connected behind the knob, but this did not really cure the problem.

I went to the Mitsubishi dealership for this among other issues, and the advisor said that they have a TSB and a new designed blend door to resolve the issue (

). The problem is it costs abouut $550 to fix this! Naturally I bit my tongue and told him "no thanks". I don't see why Mitsubishi is charging people for this repair in the first place, and why the dealer is looking for so much money for a bit of plastic and some labour to install it. My questions to the group are -- has anyone else had this issue and have they fixed it? How much did that cost? Can I buy the parts somewhere else and install myself?

Regards, Wayne Moses Houston, Texas

Reply to
Wayne Moses

This is classic Mitsushitty. Design shit, build it even worse and then attempt to profit from the errors. I suppose you realize now that you should have bought a Toyota.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Hello Bhagat,

BG> This is classic Mitsushitty. Design shit, build it even worse and BG> then attempt to profit from the errors. I suppose you realize now BG> that you should have bought a Toyota.

I guess there is no constructive answer from you today. Why even bother?

I don't realise squat ... I don't want a Toyota. I like my cars to be cars, not transportation appliances.

Regards, Wayne Moses Houston, Texas

Reply to
Wayne Moses

Hello Wayne,

I find it funny that you think Mitsubishi do not make transportation appliances. Mitsubishi simply make 'off colour' appliances which don't last as long as Toyota's.

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in a Toyota nor a Mitsubishi.

Bhagat,

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

How about dead on the front of a Mitsubishi? I suspect a lot of people would PAY to see that.

Reply to
DS

Hello Jay,

J> So why do you guys waste your time looking at a mitsubishi newsgroup?

Don't know which "you guys" you are referring to, but I am the OP and I have the subject Mitsubishi and the stated problem.

No one has answered my question except the one person who seems to have (a) issues with Mistubishis, and (b) such an empty life that he wastes it here on this newsgroup.

Assuming that there are thousands of legitimate Mitsu owners out there, what does the above result say about them? I know I am not the only one with the subject problem.

Regards, Wayne Moses Houston, Texas

Reply to
Wayne Moses

Wayne dont know the answer to your question , and have found posting in NG like this a waste of time, because of the air heads that respond as you already have found.

Check out

maybe you might get the answer to your question from someone that actually has something to say. regard kcoj

Reply to
kcoj

Hello kcoj,

k> Wayne k> dont know the answer to your question , and have found posting in NG k> like this a waste of time, because of the air heads that respond as k> you k> already have found. k> Check out

and maybe you might get the answer to your question from someone thatk> actually has something to say. You have been most helpful in pointing me to that website. Thank you very much.

You are right on this newsgroup. I have been here for a while now and not only is traffic low, but the S/N ratio is so low that it is a waste of time to even bother.

Maybe I will see you on the Mitsubishi Forum. Thanks again and adieu to this newsgroup.

Regards, Wayne Moses Houston, Texas

Reply to
Wayne Moses

your welcome