3000GT Tranny Problem

Has any other 3KGT owners encountered the following problem: I have a 1994 3000 GT with auto tranny and ~110K miles. Occasionally, when I shift into reverse, the engine will stall out. This isn't something I can readily cause it to do otherwise I would take it to a machanic. It is very intermitten and I haven't been able to find a correlation between the circumstances of the occurrences. I have checked the tranny fluid and it is full. If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've a '93 3KGT, and the transmission computer went out at 81K miles. Car ran fine, just wouldn;'t shift out of 2nd, up or down. Drove it around the subdivision OK. $400 for a rebuilt computer. I'm not saying this is your problem, just an observation. Alan

Reply to
Alan Fleer

I'm not that familiar with the 3000GT transmissions, but if it has an electronic lock-up converter, check the electrical connections. A friend had a car with a lock-up converter and had similar problems. He unplugged, then cleaned the connections and the problems stopped.

Good luck,

Reply to
Richie Rich