96 Eagle Talon

When I come up to a stop sign....as soon as I start to break my car idles really low then dies when I am at a complete stop. I don?t know why it is doing this???

Please reply *Angel*

Reply to
talon_eagle19

Me thinks it may need a tune up. If it is ECI type clean injectors or if carb type carb is being blocked. A good service may be needed

Peter

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Peter

It is your idle speed controller (ISC). The motor is at the throttle body elbow and held with two bolts and a electrical clip. The battery needs to be removed to get to it. The replacement part is ~$200. Takes about 15 min to replace. If you are cheap, you can try to take it apart and clean it. Often the little electromagnets inside get gunked with carbon and don't work anymore. This is a 50/50 shot if you choose to do it.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know