Are service manuals available for new Mitsubishis?

The Lancer Evolution IX Wagon:

has me interested. I've already written to Mitsubish asking when it will come to the USA. =20

Still, I have to know one thing: Can owners buy a full set of factory service manuals for current models, with listings of all the fault codes that may be produced by any computer in the car? =20

I'd consider replacing my 94 Volvo 850 turbo wagon with another, but the full service data is NOT available to owners at a reasonable price (well over $1000)=20

I want to know exactly what the problem is, and if I can fix it myself BEFORE I have to take it to the dealer after the warranty is up. =20

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

If you can't Google or at the least call the dealer's parts department to find this out, you'd best not be putting wrenches to your car.

The Lancer Evolution IX Wagon:

me interested. I've already written to Mitsubish asking when itwill come to the USA. Still, I have to know one thing: Can owners buy a full set of factory service manuals for current models, with listings of all the fault codes that may be produced by any computer in the car?

I'd consider replacing my 94 Volvo 850 turbo wagon with another, but the full service data is NOT available to owners at a reasonable price (well over $1000)

I want to know exactly what the problem is, and if I can fix it myself BEFORE I have to take it to the dealer after the warranty is up.

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
simpleton

Yes, you can get the factory manuals, they come on CD's. The one for the eclipse is over 3000 pages long. Talk to the parts department people at your local Mitsu dealer, or see them on line. E-bay may be a cheaper option. If your buying the car from a Mitsu dealer, do as I did, just before signing all the papers I requested the manual, or it would not be a sale.

Reply to
nirodac