Eclipse Auto Trans sometimes does not engage when cold

Sometimes the automatic transmission on our 99 Eclipse does not engage when cold. Then after a few seconds it snaps into gear. Fluid looks fine. Dealer cannot find anything wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Topofwrld1

Its not unusual, but not exactly normal either. The best approach is to WAIT until it selects. If you try to drive off before its engaged properly, or blip the throttle, the trans will select with a bang, and it won't be long before something expensive fails. Or it may never fail. I recently sold a 93 with 300,000km, and it had been slow to engage for 100,000km.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS