Flickering Oil Pressure indicator

Hello all, Yesterday, after driving for an hour, hi speed 65+ uphill, with Air on, at a stop I noticed that the Oil Indicator was flickering. I stopped and checked the manual. It stated to check Oil level. If Oil level low add oil. If level ok, head for the nearest Dealer. I checked the oil level and it was perfect since I just had the dealer change my oil. Is this a sign that my oil pump is acting up? Or something else looming on the horizon? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Corny S.

simpleton

Simpleton, Thanks for the quick response. My apologies,

1997 Galant 2.4L 157,000+ miles. Have not missed 3k oil change at any time. Bring it in to all regular scheduled servicing. TIA,
Reply to
Corny S.

Simpleton is correct. Check the oil pressure sending unit.

Reply to
Eclipsed