3000GT Fuel Filter

Is the fuel filter a difficult item to replace on this vehicle?

Reply to
Carl

simpleton

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Is that your response to EVERY post??? I thought this was a mitsubishi forum. . .

Reply to
jc76

If you want the best advice, go to a place where that's all they deal with.

is the best place for resources on the 3000GT.

is the best for Conquests and Starions

is the best for the eclipses.

Reply to
Richie Rich

From memory (replaced two years back):

The filter is located on the firewall, below the windshield washer reservoir and the 12V battery. This means that you need to remove the reservoir, battery, and the battery tray. These aren't particularly difficult, just time consuming. After you get all this out, you can see the filter against the firewall in the fuel line. The fittings are extremely tight and require you to reach down pretty far to get access. Once you get it out, you just reverse the process to put it back in and the other stuff back together.

I think it took me about an hour to do the whole job, but it may have been slightly less time since I am going from memory. I also do not have the twin turbo version which might require removal of turbo intake components. Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

The best I can do is direct to someone that could help more then I can. Sorry that bothers you. My son in law is part of that group and has a Stealth. Other then that I don't know much about repairs to these cars. Just trying to help.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

If it helps why not?

Reply to