oil pressure

ref pug 205 1.6 gti

I noticed a swing on the oil pressure gauge recently - from normal to low.

I though that I might be low on oil, but on checking, it is at the usual level (full).

The temperature of the oil is normal.

On going uphill or downhill, the pressure is normal. On level ground the pressure is normal.

Can I assume that these occasional swings in the oil pressure reading from normal to low is simply due to the fact that the oil pump is showing signs of age.

Thanks

Reply to
species8350

Possibly oil pressure relief valve sticking? Al

Reply to
al

Hi,

Presumably if this is the fault, then occasional sticking should not be a problem.

Reply to
species8350

If it doesn't get any worse then yes but.......................

Al

Reply to
al