Lancer 2003 exhaust repair

Hello! I've checked my car during last oil change and saw that insulation on the pipe that is going from engine to muffler is damaged. Does anybody know how to repair it? Thank you!

Reply to
bmk

I'd guess you see the braiding over the flex joint is rotting off. When it starts to leak (if its not already), either

- have the flex joint replaced at a muffler shop; or

- have the whole front pipe replaced. Get get a genuine Mitsu part unless you want to pay about 60% more.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS