Mighty Max TPS problems

I have a '90 Mighty Max, and I'm not getting much power from the engine. At first I thought it was the defective fuel injector, but I replaced that and I still don't get enough power. My goal, essentially, is to be able to go up hills in 4th. I think it could be that the throttle position sensor isn't set right, but I don't know how to position it correctly. I also think it needs a tune up, among other things, but I'm working one thing at a time because I am broke. Any insight you could give me would be great.

Reply to
christopher.voeglein

Do a search on

I've seen some TPS adjustment posts in the past.

Reply to
mg

You're first going to need to know what the voltage is with the throttle closed so you can adjust. From there it's just rotating the sensor until the value is correct. You're still going to have to downshift...

Reply to
simpleton