Mirage surging at idle

Could anyone point me in a direction to repair this irrating problem? I have an engine serge at idle. Thx for you advise...

Reply to
branigan

I had a small problem with a sticking auto choke on my magna, re set it and problem went away. Maybe your having the same problem.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

The Idle Air Control (IAC) motor is being adjusted up and down by the ECU. This can be caused by several things.

a) a build up of oil carbon and fuel gum in the throttle body. There are products you can spray into the throttle body to clean this out. Have you ever replaced the air filter?

b) the idle speed valve may need to be adjusted. There's a 10mm plastic cover on the top rear (or front, I forget) of the throttle body. Under this is a big Philips screw. This adjusts the idle speed. If its screwed all the way in, screw it out a bit. Otherwise, screw it in a bit. Also see a)

c) you have a vacuum hose leak somewhere.

d) check all the electrical connections around the throttle body.

Finally, disconnect the battery for 30 sec to reset the ECU.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Thx Stew, It seems to be interrmittent. So I will be checking it out this weekend.

Reply to
res0jhe2