Need bracekts for rear spoiler Please Help!!!

HI, Some one tried to break into my 1992 Eclipse GS-T. They ended up breaking off my spoiler. I need the clips that the bolts go into to secure the rear spoiler. They are in the metal brackets immediately on the sides of the center bracket. Mitsubishi wants $115 for these brackets. The junk yards say they don't keep up with them. All of the junk yards I can walk through don't have the same spoiler. Mine has the rear wiper. I know somone out there has these laying around collecting dust. I would be willing to pay a FAIR price for these parts and shipping. The mitsu part number for these parts are MB590046.

Please Help, Thanks, Chance

Reply to
Chance

Locate your nearest automotive paint and panel shop supplier in the yellow pages These places generally have displays of assorted body and trim clips of all sorts. Another alternative is a fastener supply shop. Your spoiler clip likely uses M6 bolts, so take one with you to check the clip thread. Worst case, if you are moderately handy is to make some clips out of

1/2"x1/8" strip drilled and tapped as needed. If the spoiler is broken or cracked (likely) get a small kit of 2-part bumper filler/glue from the paint and panel shop supplier while you are there. Should cost about $20.
Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Thanks for the reply. Those are some really good ideas. I hadn't thought about it but I might try the local body shop next time I go by it. We don't have a paint supply place within 50miles of here. I like the idea of making the strips all I would have to do is find a nut and have my buddy weld it to a metal strip. If worse comes to worse. I was hoping someone that reads this group would have some spares they would be willing to sell, but if not I'll try your ideas. BTW they didn't hurt the wing just broke the clips and made a really nice gouge in my paint below the spoiler.

Reply to
Chance