Outlander 2003

Hi all,

I am on the market for a utility vagon. My choice have pretty much been narrowed to Outlander AWD after having considered Foresster, Matrix/Vibe, CR-V, Rav-4 and VW Golf/Jetta. Having thought of and driven

2004 I was offered to try 2003. Unbelievable as it is I liked it better than the new one for engine being quiter and better pickup from the stop. Yes, the 2004 model had more power and expected to show slightly better gas milage, but at a cost of more engine noise and having that power at higher RPM. Duh!

Therefore, I am wondering about reliability of the 2003 model. A lot of reviews I have read on 2003 model are written by people who had the car for only a few weeks at the time of writing or had a simple test drive it it. They all mostely sound good. I am, however, interested to find out how the vehicle has held for you during the year. If you could indicate any problems with it I should know and pay attention to it would be appreciated. Has it developed any strange noises, rattles squicks and any other minor irritations? Any major irritations and failures? How do you feel about your purchase after a year? Would you still recommend it to others.

Thanks in advance, Al

Reply to
Alex Bilyk
7 months, so far, and nothing like strange noises. It's quite a good car.

Reply to
Eugeni

I have 12,000 miles on mine now, no problems. It is a great car.

Reply to
David Emanuel

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've had mine just since July, but it's been great so far. It's an excellent highway car. I actually traded in a Rav4 for it. I think the Outlander is a better car.

Reply to
jaelisa

this article might help you...

Reply to
dang

*>

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks, everyone.

I got the vehicle and like it so far. 19.5 mpg on the first tank. The second is looking to come out a little better. It's very pleasant to drive and has great handling. Suspension is a little on the stiffer side but there is virtually no body roll and seats are comfy.

Al

Reply to
Alex Bilyk