PERFORMANCE chips and modules, do any of them work???

I've seen many of these things on Ebay. Has anybody tried any with successful results??? What brand is a reliable one? I want to try one out on my 04 4cyl. Galant. Thanks.

Reply to
rcjesse

rcjesse ha scritto:

pay attention on Ebay many of these modules are simply resistors which change the signal sent to the ECM by the air temeprature control. this thing you can do it by yourself.

look for eproms, if you want something more serious..

andrea

Reply to
Andrea

Yes eproms are the way to go, but be careful when you insert them not to cause damage to the existing system chips, as some eproms are roughly written and can concflict with the rest of the system have it checked first before inserting

Reply to
Peter

You can modify a board by using a bedding kit but unless ya have the proper electronic tools big hassles can occur, like th eother guy said, ya can burn out important sensors and such. Buy the real thing and get th equalified guy to install them.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

A) none of the DSM eprom ECU's are socketed: you can't swap chips until the board is modified . B) the resistor "kits" on ebay modify the barometric signal and can potentially burn your motor down.

99% willl agree that you shouldn't monkey with the baro signal. Board socketing cost $50

Reply to
simpleton