Radiator overflow bottle

Does anyone know how to clean out the plastic overflow bottle? The car I recently bought had very rusty water in the cooling system and the bottle is stained inside etc. I have since flushed the radiator and put in new antifreeze etc.

Reply to
CeeTee

CLR and a long brush.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Just to be clear, remove it first as this is pretty simple. Flush it with boiling water, swish around good, and clean as Stewart described. I've also had luck cleaning with a cotton rag and a long flat blade screwdriver to rub it against the side of the plastic tank.

Bob\

Reply to
Bob Shuman