Re: Disintegrated spark plug

use ngk plugs. you may have a fowled injector, leaning out that cylinder but it is probably the plug just being a pos. use ngk plugs. you need a real boost gauge.

> A while back I noticed my car was 'missing' so I pulled the spark plugs > and found that 1 of them had an outer electrode that was 'broken off' > about 1/2 way across the part that is horizontal (ac delco rapid fires > w/ 10,000 mi). From the looks of that one and the remaining plugs it > appeared that the car was running neither rich or lean but with a piece > of the electrode missing I can't help thinking that maybe the car was > running too lean and still is. What are the obvious signs of a plug > -- or anything else for that matter -- when the engine is running too > lean? > >
my exhaust > manifold was cracked and leaking a bit which, btw, is a mitsubishi > factory mod. > > Thanks again, Greg >
Reply to
simpleton

Greg first off, NGK spark plugs are to be used ONLY in all Mitsubishi engines.

Dirty or clogged fuel injectors and fuel filter, poor fuel regulation from fuel pressure regulator, poor air filtration and intake, along with a failed O2 sensor WILL affect the correct air/fuel ratio.

Essentially a tune-up and regular maintenance is in order.

Reply to
Eclipse first born