Removing clock on 1997 P-Reg Carisma GLXi Auto

Hi,

The clock on my wife's Carisma doesn't light up at night so you can't read the time. I assume it's something simple like a bulb but how on earth do you remove it to find out! I can't see any screws on the clock or on the surrounding fans/heating controls.

Chris.

Reply to
ChrisR

The panel around the clock is held in place by 4 clips . All you have to do is prise it out using a wide thin steel lever. Dont use a screwdriver unless you want to damage the dashboard. It comes out directly towards the rear of the car. You can then get to the bulb on the back without taking off the wire to the heater , There is Just enough space to do this. you need a small screwdriver to take the bulb holder out.

jonny

Reply to
jonny

Thanks - I'll give it a try. Any idea where the clips are located - top and bottom, left and right or one on each side?

Reply to
ChrisR

As I recall there are two compression type clips on each side. You just pull the whole assembly forward gently. When I pulled mine off I also managed to unclip the central vent louvres - really cheap and nasty plastic so be careful.

CW

Jan 96 1.8 GLX - 96,000 miles

Reply to
C W